When life serves you Lemons...
The last few months, I have been grumbling to God quite a lot! For several months, my health has not been at its best and, for someone who is always at 100% full-on throttle, I have been enjoying a regular little 'pity-party' with the Lord....
* Lord, "I" have so much to do for You!
* Lord, "my" Ministry is being interrupted!
* Lord, "my" plans for You don't have time for illness...
* Lord, I, I, I, me, me, me, me.....!
Anyone else relate to this experience?! Perhaps not in relation to ill-health, but maybe your vocation isn't turning out as YOU planned or, perhaps your job, or maybe other life-plans have gone awry.
I KNOW that God doesn't want me to suffer and I pray confidently for my healing, as do my friends and family. I also know that Jesus, the Healer, heals me each day in His way (physically, emotionally, spiritually, psychologically...). However, whilst my health issues currently slow me down (and sometimes stop me), I do know that He 'permits' my current situation for a much better good.
"We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).
His plans for me, will be way better than my plans for me! I am just a small piece in His jigsaw when the jigsaw picture is facedown and is unseen by me. All I see are the bare white cardboard backs. I have no understanding of who I am in that puzzle, but He does. In my earthly journey to holiness, He knows exactly who I am and what He needs of me. So, each day, I decide to re-choose Him and His plan - again and again.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jer 29:11).
The surrender that I made to the Lord many years ago, needs to be re-made and re-made by me on a daily (maybe hourly) basis. When I thought I couldn't go deeper with the Holy One, He shows me otherwise - and my joy and my peace intensify. Who knew that surrender and being 'out of control' could be so sweet and safe?
So will you go deeper with me now?
His plans for you are way better than your great plans for you!
Decide to partner afresh with your Heavenly Father who is Love - and who sees and knows ALL about your past, present and future.....
* Lord, forgive me for trying to do things my way.`
* Lord, forgive me for trying to direct my life without Your direction and for wanting to be in control.
* Lord, forgive me for not trusting You and for not believing in Your perfect plan for me and in your good intentions for me.
* Forgive me Lord for not surrendering all my plans and decisions to You at every stage.
* Jesus, I invite You to take charge again! Every time I forget that it is your plan, your ministry, and that I am your child, please take back control Jesus!
* In the name of Jesus, I forgive myself for the mistakes and bad choices I have made because I didn't invite You into my plans and my choices.
* In the name of Jesus, I renounce all Confusion in relation to Your plans and intentions for me, for my ministry and my vocation.
* In the name of Jesus, I renounce the Spirit of Control and Self-reliance. In the name of Jesus, I renounce Self-Pity. In the name of Jesus, I renounce Hopelessness, Powerlessness and Invisibility. In the name of Jesus, I renounce Independence from You.
* In the name of Jesus, I renounce [insert here any other words or lies that Holy Spirit is placing in your mind].
* In the name of Jesus, I command all the spirits that I have renounced to leave me right now.
* I praise and thank you Lord for all You for Your great plans for me in this moment. I say Yes to all your plans and I thank you for EVERYTHING. Thank you Jesus that I have renounced Control and that I have surrendered myself again to Your Majesty.
* Holy Spirit, please bring Your peace, calm and joy into my heart right now. Heavenly Father, I invite You to come with the Holy Spirit to me in a new way. Father God, bless me. Father God, bless the plans, dreams and hope that you will place into my heart. Bless me with great Wisdom and a discerning heart to know what it is that you want me to do in this moment. Thank you Father that You make all things new.
So when life serves you lemons, thank God in ALL things and make Lemonade!
Sue is the Team Leader of Unbound Lincoln and involved in the training of Unbound Teams across the UK.